High-Temperature Gold Solder & Braze Materials
6 Alloy Families: Gold
(Click to Watch Video)
Indium Corporation is a leading joining and bonding materials innovator for medical, aerospace, optoelectronics, and automotive applications.
When even 10 ppm of contamination can cause process and application failures – quality counts. Indium Corporation casts our alloys, which enables us to closely control the process from start to finish and ensure purity.
High-Temperature Solder and Braze Materials Deliver:
- Highest tensile strength of any solder
- High melting point is compatible with subsequent reflow processes
- Pb-free and RoHS compliant
- Superior thermal conductivity
- Resistance to corrosion
- Superior thermal fatigue resistance
- Good joint strength
- Excellent wetting properties
- Resistance to oxidation
Gold Preform Quick Turn Program
Need a gold preform right away? Contact us for our Quick Turn Program:
- Designed to deliver parts quickly and affordably
- New design, new tool, prototype quantities in 1-2 WEEKS
- Engineering support from design to production
Gold and Gold-Based Solders in a Variety of Forms:
Contact us for help choosing the right materials for your brazing and soldering applications.
Preforms and Ribbon
- Thickness from 0.0127mm (0.0005”) and greater
- Tight dimensional tolerances ensure repeatable solder volume
- Flatness measurement capabilities to 0.00254mm (0.0001”)
- Large die library with in-house tooling capabilities
- Tiny solid shapes from 0.152mm (0.006”)
- High aspect ratio and complex special shapes
- Diameter starting at 0.025mm ± 0.0127mm (0.001” ± 0.0005”)
- Tight dimensional tolerances
- Packaging designed to minimize breakage of wire in soldering process
- Maximum of 80% Au
- New technology for brazing hermetic packages
- Cost-efficient alternative to cut wire and frames
- Doesn’t shift during movement and reflow
- Increases yields and lowers cost of ownership
- No-clean and water-soluble
- Type 3-6 AuSn powder
- Sizes starting at 0.254mm (0.010”)
- Tight dimensional tolerances down to +/- 5 microns
Benefits of High-Temperature Alloys
Braze Indalloy® Reference Guide
Our braze alloys are grouped into alloy families, with most in the gold (Au) and silver (Ag) families. This table features our most common Indalloy® suggestions. Contact our technical team to discuss your specific application and metallurgical property needs.
Indium Corporation’s packaging protects your solder preforms during shipping and handling, and is designed for ease of introduction into the manufacturing process.
- Jar or bulk pack
- Array tray pack
- Waffle pack
- Bulk tray pack
- Tape & reel
We also can create customized packaging solutions to meet your needs and processes.
High-Temperature Gold Solder & Braze Materials Technical Documents
No presentations to display
Safety Data Sheets
High-Temperature Gold Solder & Braze Materials Blog Posts
From One Engineer to Another®
All of Indium Corporation’s products and solutions are designed to be commercially available
unless specifically stated otherwise.