Indium and gallium compounds in the oxidation state (III) can be used as Lewis acids in organic transformation reactions. Recently, additional research has been conducted into the lower oxidation states.
A small sample of the type of reactions that have been enabled by indium- and gallium-based catalysts over the last few years are:
- Selective C-C bond formation
- Allylation of carbonyl compounds and imine derivatives – these are important intermediate steps in the synthesis of natural products and other fine chemicals
- Friedel-Crafts acylation of aromatics
- Addition of pyrroles to isatins
- Preparation of chiral amines
- Ring-opening polymerization reactions
- Selective Meerwein-Ponndorf-Verley reduction of aliphatic and aromatic aldehydes
If you are a researcher looking for a high purity indium- or gallium-based precursor for your catalyst, please contact us.
Catalysts Technical Documents
No whitepapers to display
No presentations to display
No application notes to display
Product Data Sheets
No product data sheets to display
Safety Data Sheets
No safety data sheets to display
Indium Corporation Blog Posts
Folks, I attended a technical session on Industry 4.0 at SMTAI in Rosemont, IL in September. I admit to not knowing much about it, so I found the topic fascina...
Specifying solder preform requirements is a critical part of any electronics assembly design process.
You shouldn’t base your solder flux selection on just one data point.
From One Engineer to Another®
All of Indium Corporation’s products and solutions are designed to be commercially available
unless specifically stated otherwise.