High-Temperature Gold Solder & Braze Materials
Indium Corporation is a leading joining and bonding materials innovator for medical, aerospace, optoelectronics, and automotive applications. When even 10 ppm of contamination can cause process and application failures – quality counts. Indium Corporation casts our alloys, which enables us to closely control the process from start to finish and ensure purity.
High-Temperature Solder and Braze Materials Deliver:
- Highest tensile strength of any solder
- High melting point is compatible with subsequent reflow processes
- Pb-free and RoHS compliant
- Superior thermal conductivity
- Resistance to corrosion
- Superior thermal fatigue resistance
- Good joint strength
- Excellent wetting properties
- Resistance to oxidation
Gold-tin (AuSn) Solders
- Die-Attach: Thermal requirements often mandate a high-melting die-attach solder. With a melting point of 280°C, eutectic AuSn often satisfies these demands.
- Hi-Reliability Applications: AuSn is compatible with gold metallizations. Coupled with its long-term reliability, AuSn is a good choice for high-reliability applications such as microwave systems, medical and aerospace applications, and more.
- Lid Sealing: AuSn has excellent wetting properties. Its relatively low melting point (when compared to certain die-attach alloys) and its long-term reliability makes AuSn popular for lid sealing applications.
- Braze Alternative: Eutectic AuSn, with a tensile strength of 275 MPa (40,000 pounds/square inch), provides a great alternative to brazes when high strength must be achieved at soldering temperatures.
Gold Preform Quick Turn Program
Need a gold preform right away? Learn more!
Preforms and Ribbon
- Thickness from 0.0127mm (0.0005”) and greater
- Tight dimensional tolerances ensure repeatable solder volume
- Flatness measurement capabilities to 0.00254mm (0.0001”)
- Large die library with in-house tooling capabilities
- Tiny solid shapes from 0.152mm (0.006”)
- High aspect ratio and complex special shapes
- Diameter starting at 0.025mm ± 0.0127mm (0.001” ± 0.0005”)
- Tight dimensional tolerances
- Packaging designed to minimize breakage of wire in soldering process
- Maximum of 80% Au
- New technology for brazing hermetic packages
- Cost-efficient alternative to cut wire and frames
- Doesn’t shift during movement and reflow
- Increases yields and lowers cost of ownership
- No-clean and water-soluble
- Type 3-6 AuSn powder
- Sizes starting at 0.254mm (0.010”)
- Tight dimensional tolerances down to +/- 5 microns
Benefits of High-Temperature Alloys
Indium Corporation’s packaging protects your solder preforms during shipping and handling, and is designed for ease of introduction into the manufacturing process.
- Jar or bulk pack
- Array tray pack
- Waffle pack
- Bulk tray pack
- Tape & reel
We also can create customized packaging solutions to meet your needs and processes.
High-Temperature Gold Solder & Braze Materials Products
Related Markets and Applications
Top Braze Alloys Technical Documents
High-Temperature Gold Solder & Braze Materials Technical Documents
No presentations to display
Safety Data Sheets
High-Temperature Gold Solder & Braze Materials Blog Posts
From One Engineer to Another®
All of Indium Corporation’s products and solutions are designed to be commercially available
unless specifically stated otherwise.