Indium Corporation manufactures NanoFoil®, a nanotechnology material that delivers energy in a controlled and precise manner for joining, energetics and heating applications.
NanoFoil® is a reactive multi-layer foil that provides instantaneous heat for a variety of applications in many industries (semiconductor, aerospace, automobile, electronics, biomedical and defense markets). NanoFoil® is a predictable, controllable and affordable material that is industry accepted and proven to lower manufacturing costs while providing repeatable and reliable bonds and reactions.
Indium Corporation has scaled NanoFoil® production to high volume in an ISO certified process and is committed to helping customers realize the technical and economic benefits NanoFoil® provides.
This reactive multi-layer foil is fabricated by vapor-depositing thousands of alternating nanoscale layers of Aluminum (Al) and Nickel (Ni). When activated by a small pulse of local energy from electrical, optical or thermal sources, the foil reacts exothermically to precisely deliver localized heat up to temperatures of 1500°C in fractions (thousandths) of a second.
Traveling approximately eight meters per second, the reaction's rapid delivery coupled with its localized and versatile nature makes it ideal for many types of bonding and reaction initiation (energetics) applications.
Benefits of NanoFoil®
Customers around the world have discovered the unique benefits of NanoFoil® and NanoBond® to solve their current bonding challenges.
- Instantaneous soldering at room temperature
- No thermal damage - components not exposed to reflow temperatures
- Compatible with all solders
- Environmentally friendly, Pb free, and RoHS compliant
- No license fees
- Elimination of expensive reflow equipment
- Easy to ignite with heat, electrical or laser pulse
- Electrically conductive
- Minimal pressure required
- Safe and shipped around the world daily
- 10x drop in thermal resistance over conventional thermal interface materials
- Available in any 2D shape
- Compatible with all Pick and Place equipment
Applications of NanoFoil®
NanoFoil® Technical Documents
Product Data Sheets
Safety Data Sheets
NanoFoil® Blog Posts
Product Manager for Strategic Accounts
From One Engineer to Another®
All of Indium Corporation’s products and solutions are designed to be commercially available
unless specifically stated otherwise.