Several Indium Corporation experts will share their knowledge and expertise at the SMTA International Conference Sept. 27-Oct. 1 in Rosemont, Ill.
The following six technical papers from Indium Corporation experts will be featured:
- Novel Lead-Free Solder Alloy Development for Automotive Applications by Dr. Ning-Cheng Lee, Vice President of Technology, and Dr. Weiping Liu, Research Metallurgist;
- Partially-Dried No-Clean Flux At Under-Component Terminations: Risks and Solutions by Dr. Lee and Fen Chen, Bench Chemist;
- A Comparison of Rosin-Based vs. Non-Rosin-Based Wave Soldering Fluxes by Dr. Ron Lasky, Senior Technologist; and Adam Murling, Technical Support Engineer;
- Determination of Total Halogen Content in Halogen-Free Fluxes by Inductively-Coupled Plasma and Some Limitations of Ion Chromatography by Dr. Lasky and Christopher Pontius, Organic Lab Chemist;
- Improvements in Voiding and Reliability of BTCs by Derrick Herron, Technical Support Engineer; Christopher Nash, PCBA New Product Development Manager; Raymond Luo, Area Technical Manager - South China; and Andy Wei, Assistant Technical Manager;
- iNEMI Pb-Free Alloy Characterization Project Report: Part IX – Summary of the Effect of Isothermal Preconditioning on Thermal Fatigue Life by Liu, and several co-authors and industry colleagues.
Indium Corporation experts will also serve as chairs for four sessions, including:
- New Developments in No-Clean Solder Paste and Flux Technology and Reliability with Eric Bastow, Assistant Technical Manager;
- Solder Joint Reliability Assessment with Tim Jensen, Senior Product Manager for Engineered Solders;
- BGA Reliability with Derrick Herron, Technical Support Engineer for the Northeastern USA and Canada;
- Challenges in Advanced Package-on-Package Applications with Greg Wade, Global Technical Support Engineer.
SMTAI is a world-class electronics manufacturing conference and exhibition organized by the SMTA — the world's leading user group for surface mount and companion technologies. The conference provides high-quality technical information and networking opportunities.
Indium Corporation is a premier materials manufacturer and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, solar, thin-film, and thermal management markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil®. Founded in 1934, Indium has global technical support and factories located in China, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the USA.
For more information about Indium Corporation, visit www.indium.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow our experts, From One Engineer To Another® (#FOETA), at www.facebook.com/indium or @IndiumCorp.