Indium Corporation, the industry leader for void-reducing solutions, will chair a special session focusing on void reduction in bottom-terminated components (BTCs) at the SMTA International Conference on Sept. 29 in Rosemont, Ill.
Voiding is of critical concern in today's electronics assembly arena, especially in BTCs, due to impacts on electrical, thermal, and mechanical performance.
Brook Sandy-Smith, Technical Support Engineer for PCB Assembly Materials, will moderate BTC Void Reduction For Yield and Performance Enhancement, which will focus on reliability, materials, reflow, and inspection. Raiyo Aspandiar of Intel Corporation will co-chair the session.
The following presentations will offer participants information and best practices to Avoid the Void™:
- Component and Solder Joint Reliability With Voiding by Dave Hillman, Rockwell Collins;
- Materials to Mitigate Voiding in Electronics Assembly by Dr. Ron Lasky, Indium Corporation Senior Technologist;
- Reflow Strategies to Minimize Voiding by Dave Heller, Heller Industries;
- Accurate Reflow Profiling to Minimize Voiding by Marybeth Allen, KIC
- X-Ray Inspection Strategies to Accurately Characterize Voiding by Keith Bryant, YXLON International
SMTAI is a world-class electronics manufacturing conference and exhibition organized by the SMTA — the world's leading user group for surface mount and companion technologies. The conference provides high-quality technical information and networking opportunities.
Indium Corporation is a premier materials manufacturer and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, thermal management, and solar markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil®. Founded in 1934, Indium has global technical support and factories located in China, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the USA.
For more information about Indium Corporation, visit www.indium.com or email email@example.com. You can also follow our experts, From One Engineer To Another® (#FOETA), at www.facebook.com/indium or @IndiumCorp.