Burn-in and Test
Indium Corporation offers:
- Heat-Spring® - Metal Thermal Interface designed to fit your burn-in head to optimize performance.
- Adhesive TIM Tabs (made with Kapton®) – holds the
Heat-Spring® in place on the burn-in head.
(Kapton® is a registered trademark of DuPont)
- Solders - for evaporations and heaters in the stack up.
- Repeated use saves time and money - can be inserted well over 1000 times, depending on the application design and process settings.
- Easy to use - just pick and place with tweezers or vacuum nozzle
- Clean - no messy residue
- Environmentally friendly - recyclable and reclaimable
- Indalloy® #4 - 99.99% Indium
- Indalloy® #1E - 52In/48Sn
- Indalloy® #3 - 90In/10Ag
- Indalloy® #290 - 97In/3Ag
Note: When using gold or copper, custom cladding is available to act as a diffusion barrier
Common form factors:
- Squares 0.5", 1.0", 1.5", and 2.0"
- Custom cross shapes
- Custom thicknesses for bare die and lidded applications
- High conductivity
- 86 W/mK
- Durable, many cycles
|View Full Size Chart||View Full Size Chart|
12 mil 90In/10Ag
|View Full Size Chart|
Adhesive TIM Tab (made with Kapton®)
- Ensures that the metal thermal interface material is intimate with the burn-in head
- Can withstand temperatures up to 260°C (500°F)
- No residue
- Available in 3/4" or 1" discs (specialty sizes and shapes available upon request)
Solders for evaporators and heaters in the stack up
- Engineered melting temps for step soldering
- High conductivity alloys to help efficiency of design
|Indalloy® #||Eutectic Melting Temperature||Alloy Composition|
The Indium Corporation Advantage
We are committed to understanding your unique needs for materials in your product and for your process. No company offers a wider selection of alloys and solder forms to meet your needs. Our variety of alloys, ability to fabricate and package these alloys into easy-to-use forms, and our decades of application knowledge are the core values we bring to your company. Tap into this knowledge-base by calling one of our certified engineers at 1-800-4-INDIUM or visit www.indium.com.
Burn-In and Test Technical Documents
No application notes to display
Product Data Sheets
Safety Data Sheets
No safety data sheets to display
Burn-in Blog Posts
Let’s start with a bit of fiction to get us on the same page… Mike is working with NanoFoil®, getting ready to bond a small, round, planar sputtering target. He has prepared his backing plate and target material and is ready to assemble the stack after cutting a piece of NanoFoil®…
Folks, The Weibull distribution is arguably the most important distribution in failure analysis of leaded and lead-free solder joints. It is the first thought of someone trying to model thermal cycle, drop shock, or other failure modes associated with through-hole and SMT assembly. The…
It won't be long until we in the northern hemisphere are complaining about the snow and the cold, but right now, it is all about the heat! In particular about the heat that is needed to reflow high melting point (HMP) alloys. These are generally high-Pb alloys that see very high operational…
Product Support Specialist
From One Engineer to Another®
All of Indium Corporation’s products and solutions are designed to be commercially available
unless specifically stated otherwise.
Indium Corporation — ©1996–2014. All Rights Reserved. | Site Map