Burn-in and Test
Indium Corporation offers:
- Heat-Spring® - Metal Thermal Interface designed to fit your burn-in head to optimize performance.
- Adhesive TIM Tabs (made with Kapton®) – holds the
Heat-Spring® in place on the burn-in head.
(Kapton® is a registered trademark of DuPont)
- Solders - for evaporations and heaters in the stack up.
- Repeated use saves time and money - can be inserted well over 1000 times, depending on the application design and process settings.
- Easy to use - just pick and place with tweezers or vacuum nozzle
- Clean - no messy residue
- Environmentally friendly - recyclable and reclaimable
- Indalloy® #4 - 99.99% Indium
- Indalloy® #1E - 52In/48Sn
- Indalloy® #3 - 90In/10Ag
- Indalloy® #290 - 97In/3Ag
Note: When using gold or copper, custom cladding is available to act as a diffusion barrier
Common form factors:
- Squares 0.5", 1.0", 1.5", and 2.0"
- Custom cross shapes
- Custom thicknesses for bare die and lidded applications
- High conductivity
- 86 W/mK
- Durable, many cycles
|View Full Size Chart||View Full Size Chart|
12 mil 90In/10Ag
|View Full Size Chart|
Adhesive TIM Tab (made with Kapton®)
- Ensures that the metal thermal interface material is intimate with the burn-in head
- Can withstand temperatures up to 260°C (500°F)
- No residue
- Available in 3/4" or 1" discs (specialty sizes and shapes available upon request)
Solders for evaporators and heaters in the stack up
- Engineered melting temps for step soldering
- High conductivity alloys to help efficiency of design
|Indalloy® #||Eutectic Melting Temperature||Alloy Composition|
The Indium Corporation Advantage
We are committed to understanding your unique needs for materials in your product and for your process. No company offers a wider selection of alloys and solder forms to meet your needs. Our variety of alloys, ability to fabricate and package these alloys into easy-to-use forms, and our decades of application knowledge are the core values we bring to your company. Tap into this knowledge-base by calling one of our certified engineers at 1-800-4-INDIUM or visit www.indium.com.
Burn-In and Test Technical Documents
No application notes to display
Product Data Sheets
Safety Data Sheets
No safety data sheets to display
Burn-in Blog Posts
The previous post introduced all of the different type of preheaters. The Hot Plate or Platen preheater will be the first type I will discuss. If you are looking for a low-cost option for preheating, the Hot Plate or Platen preheating is the way to go. The preheater consists of an iron plate with strip…
A wave solder machine's foam fluxer is a device in which compressed air is fed through a porous tube (commonly referred to as a "stone" because this part used to be made out of unglazed porcelain) that is submerged in foaming flux. The stone is covered with a chimney which helps produce…
Let’s start with a bit of fiction to get us on the same page… Mike is working with NanoFoil®, getting ready to bond a small, round, planar sputtering target. He has prepared his backing plate and target material and is ready to assemble the stack after cutting a piece of NanoFoil®…
Senior Product Manager, Engineered Solders
From One Engineer to Another®
All of Indium Corporation’s products and solutions are designed to be commercially available
unless specifically stated otherwise.