Related Sputter Target Bonding Blog Articles
The reclaim/recycling aspect of both rotary and planar indium-containing sputtering targets.Read More
Our CIG (copper – indium – gallium) sputtering target customers demand many things from us as a vendor. Of course they do! The difference between merely operating and excelling can produce results for...Read More
Indium wire is very different than the solder wire you find in hardware stores. To me, it’s like comparing a sports car and a go-kart. Each perform differently, are made for a very different...Read More
Features & Benefits
- A reactive multi-layer foil
- Provides room temperature bonding
- Uniquely suited to bonding materials with dissimilar CTEs
- Lowers overall cost of solder bonding process: materials, capital expenditures, and personnel
- Provides uniform bond thickness
- Compatible with any solder
- Minimizes stress from CTE mismatch
- Adapts to bonding applications that require the higher precision demands of the semiconductor industry
- Delivers minimal voiding – up to 99% coverage
- Lowers overall cost of materials, capital expenditures, and personnel
- NanoBonds® any size target
Globally, target manufacturers, bond shops, and end users have realized the potential of NanoBonded sputtering targets.
NanoFoil® significantly improves existing planar target bonding methods through the use of localized heat. When activated, NanoFoil® delivers localized heat that bonds similar or dissimilar materials in just a fraction of a second, in any environment, therefore eliminating the need for a standard furnace, torch, or laser. The rapid and versatile nature of this novel bonding method offers process cost reductions over traditional bonding methods.
NanoBonding® results in Flat & Parallel Assemblies
Residual stresses and deflections from NanoBonded targets are an order of magnitude less than conventional bonding [Von Mises Stress (MPa)].
NanoBonding® produces a strong, flat, low-stress bond that is highly thermally and electrically conductive. As a reactive multi-layer foil, NanoFoil® works by acting as a local heat source to melt adjacent solder layers without heating the target or backing plate materials. This allows the bonding of nearly any combination of sputtering target material and backing plate material, including ceramics to metals, irrespective of the difference in coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE). This process, called NanoBond®, requires no expensive equipment and can be integrated into any process.
Indium Corporation offers NanoBonding® services in our target bond shop located in Utica, NY. Let our team of trained, professional target bonders NanoBond® your targets. We routinely bond targets for the solar and semiconductor industry.
Contact us to learn more about our Target Bonding Services.