Indium Corporation Introduces New Ball-Attach and Flip-Chip Flux
February 20, 2020
Indium Corporation has expanded its flux portfolio with a robust flux designed to provide a simple solution to complicated applications, especially those with a single cleaning step for both BGA ball-attach and flip-chip processes.
WS-446HF is a water-soluble, halogen-free, flip-chip dipping flux with an activator system powerful enough to promote good wetting on the most demanding surfaces—including solder-on-pad (SoP), Cu-OSP, ENIG, embedded trace substrates (ETS), and flip-chip on leadframe applications.
- Includes a chemistry that eliminates dendrite issues, especially critical for fine-pitch flip-chip applications
- Provides tackiness suitable for holding solder spheres and large die in place during assembly, eliminating missing balls and reducing die tilt and non-wet-opens due to warpage
- Delivers consistent pin transfer, printing, and dipping performance, ensuring consistent joint quality and improving production yields
- Eliminates the need for multiple fluxing steps, enabling a single-step ball-attach process and eliminating the warpage-inducing effects of prefluxing
- Has good cleanability with room temperature DI water, avoiding the formation of white residue
Indium Corporation is a premier materials manufacturer and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, and thermal management markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil®. Founded in 1934, the company has global technical support and factories located in China, India, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the USA.
For more information about Indium Corporation, visit www.indium.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow our experts, From One Engineer To Another® (#FOETA), at www.facebook.com/indium or @IndiumCorp.