Indium Corporation Features Metal Thermal Interface Materials at Semi-Therm
March 7, 2013
Indium Corporation will feature metal thermal interface materials (TIMs) at Semiconductor Thermal Management and Measurement Symposium (Semi-Therm), on March 17-21 in San Jose, CA.
Indium Corporation provides a wide selection of metal-based TIMs for reflow or compression.
Reflow Metal TIMs
Indium Corporation’s Solder TIMs radically improve:
- Heat dissipation efficiency in electronic devices by providing a low-void, low-resistance solder joint
- Thermal conductance for high-power devices with densities in excess of 1,000 watts
- End-of-life performance at the thermal interface to avoid failures common with polymer based solutions, such as greases, gels, and phase change materials
- Portable device battery performance by reducing thermal resistance, as well as cooling fan size and power
- Portable device use profile by reducing heat-sink size and mass
- Compliance with RoHS, while accommodating step soldering requirements
Solder TIMs come in a variety of forms, including:
- Solder preforms, which are used in a variety of applications that require precise amounts of solder. Preforms come in standard shapes, such as squares, rectangles, washers, and discs. Typical sizes range from .010” (.245mm) to 2” (50.8mm). Smaller and larger sizes, as well as custom shapes, are also available. Dimensions can be held to tight tolerances to assure volume accuracy.
- High-quality semiconductor grade solder ribbon, solder wire and foil manufactured by Indium Corporation are available in many standard alloys and sizes. Material can also be custom made to unique material and dimensional requirements. Semiconductor grade solder ribbon and wire are supplied in continuous lengths and are packaged on spools specifically designed for use in the manufacturing of high power devices. Solder foil is supplied in sheet form. Indium Corporation manufactures widths as small as .020” (.5mm) up to 3” (76mm). Thickness ranges from .001” (.025mm) up to as thick as required by the application.
Our patented Heat-Spring® is a compressible interface material with 86W/mK conductivity.
- Zero pump out due to the soft solders stable properties
- No outgassing
- Easily handled
- Can be used for multiple insertion applications
- Custom shapes
- Innovative cost-saving packaging