Indium Corporation Features High-Reliability Auto Products at SMTconnect
April 26, 2022
Indium Corporation has developed a suite of leading-edge materials and technology expertise to meet the increasingly rigorous demands of high-reliability applications – including the automotive and rapidly-evolving electric vehicle markets – such as its suite of Rel-ion™ technology solutions for e-Mobility. Indium Corporation continues to deliver proven high-reliability material solutions to current and emerging automotive challenges.
Indium Corporation’s LV2K is an ultra-flat, flux-coated solder preform that produces lower voiding and solder joints with better reliability as compared to conventional solders. Coupled with an improved coating process, LV2K can be controlled well within the standard 0.5% by weight tolerance limit and ensures a complete and uniform coating. Its capabilities covers most geometries and sizes, and allows for a precise flux content to minimize volatiles while removing surface oxides. LV2K is a drop-in solution that delivers:
- Ultra-low voiding
- Precise control of the flux percentage
- Improved thermal management, structural integrity, and overall end-product reliability
Indium8.9HF solder paste is an industry-proven solder paste series that delivers no-clean, halogen-free solutions designed to produce low-voiding, enhance electrical reliability, and improve stability during the printing process.
- Increases electrical reliability via enhanced surface insulation resistance (SIR) that inhibits current leakage and dendritic growth
- Ensures low-voiding on bottom termination components (ex. QFN, DPAK, LGA)
- Delivers supreme product stability with:
- Excellent response-to-pause, even after being left on the stencil for 60 hours
- Enhanced printing and reflow performance after remaining at room temperature for one month
- Consistent printing performance for up to 12 months when refrigerated
- Offers excellent pin-in-paste and through-hole solderability
- Resists premature flux spread to prevent surfaces from oxidizing
To learn more about Indium Corporation’s suite of proven products for automotive applications, visit indium.com/auto or stop by its booth (#5-320) at the show.
About Indium Corporation
Indium Corporation® is a premier materials refiner, smelter, manufacturer, and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, and thermal management markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil®. Founded in 1934, the company has global technical support and factories located in China, Germany, India, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the U.S.
For more information about Indium Corporation, visit www.indium.com or email Jingya Huang. You can also follow our experts, From One Engineer To Another® (#FOETA), at www.linkedin.com/company/indium-corporation/ or @IndiumCorp.
SMTconnect is the only trade fair for electronic production in Europe that brings people and technologies from the areas of development, production, services, and the applications of microelectronic assemblies and systems together in an inspiring work atmosphere.