Indium Corporation Features Metal Thermal Interface Materials for Burn-In and Test at TestConX
April 25, 2022
As an industry leader in high-performance metal thermal interface materials (TIMs), Indium Corporation will feature selections from its portfolio of innovative high-performance metal TIM solutions.
Indium Corporation’s indium-containing TIMs for burn-in and test offer superior thermal conductivity over non-metals—with pure indium metal delivering 86W/mK. Its indium-containing TIMs are available as pure indium, indium-silver alloys, and indium-tin, among others. The pure indium TIM can be clad with a thin aluminum layer on the side facing the device under test (DUT) to prevent the indium from adhering to the surface. Indium Corporation’s suite of Heat-Spring® solutions, featuring a compressible interface between a heat source and a heat-sink, include:
- Patterned to optimize contact with non-planar surfaces delivering 86W/mK
- Provides uniform contact between the burn-in head and the DUT
- Provides more uniform thermal conductivity
- Cleans with no residue
- Recyclable and reclaimable
- Recommended specifically for burn-in applications where multiple insertions are required
- Provides uniform contact with low resistance for high-density heat loads
- Typically clad with a thin diffusion barrier, which serves as the contact surface for burn-in and test applications
- No staining or cracking
- Designed for interfaces with tight surface control >30psi
- Recommended for small, well-designed interfaces with flat, smooth, parallel surfaces
To learn more about Indium Corporation’s metal TIMs for burn-in and test, visit www.indium.com/TIMs.
About Indium Corporation
Indium Corporation® is a premier materials refiner, smelter, manufacturer, and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, and thermal management markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil®. Founded in 1934, the company has global technical support and factories located in China, Germany, India, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the U.S.
For more information about Indium Corporation, visit www.indium.com or email Jingya Huang. You can also follow our experts, From One Engineer To Another® (#FOETA), at www.linkedin.com/company/indium-corporation/ or @IndiumCorp.
Over the course of its 22-year history,TestConX has established itself as the preeminent event for test consumables, test cell integration, and test operations. The program scope has expanded over these years from packaged semiconductor “final” test and burn-in to encompass all practical aspects of electronics testing including validation, advanced packaging testing, system level test, module test, and beyond to finished product test.