Indium Corporation’s WS-446HF is a water-soluble, halogen-free, flip-chip dipping flux with an activator system powerful enough to promote good wetting on the most demanding surfaces - including solder-on-pad (SoP), Cu-OSP, ENIG, embedded trace substrates (ETS), and flip-chip on leadframe applications. WS-446HF provides:
- Excellent solderability to reduce open joints
- Tackiness suitable for holding large die in place during assembly and reducing die tilt
- Chemistry that eliminates dendrite issues
- Reduced voiding
- Good cleanability
WS-823 is a water-soluble, halogen-free, ball-attach flux designed for use in pin transfer and printing applications for ball attachment to both substrates (BGA manufacturing) and wafers for WLP (wafer-level packaging). WS-823 offers:
- Excellent solderability on some of the most demanding substrate metallizations, such as copper OSP
- Lower process costs and warpage due to the elimination of “pre-fluxing”
- Consistent flux deposition
- Good tack during heating combined with fast soldering eliminates missing ball
- Low-cost simplified cleaning
Both WS-446HF and WS-823 are cleanable with just DI water only.
For more information on Indium Corporation’s fluxes, visit www.indium.com/flux-and-epoxy/ or visit Indium Corporation’s booth #E2.2514.
Indium Corporation is a premier materials manufacturer and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, and thermal management markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil®. Founded in 1934, the company has global technical support and factories located in China, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the USA.
For more information about Indium Corporation, visit www.indium.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow our experts, From One Engineer To Another® (#FOETA), at www.facebook.com/indium or @IndiumCorp.