Dr. Ning-Cheng Lee
Vice President of Technology
Phone: +1 (315) 853-4900 x7613
Address: 34 Robinson Rd, Clinton, NY USA 13323
Dr. Ning-Cheng Lee is the Vice President of Technology of Indium Corporation. In addition, he is also an SMTA Member of Distinction.
Dr. Lee has been with Indium Corporation since 1986. Prior to joining Indium, he was with Wright Patterson Air Force Base Materials Laboratory, Morton Chemical, and SCM. Dr. Lee has two decades of experience in the development of fluxes and solder pastes for SMT industries.
His accomplishments include:
- International liaison to the SMTA Taiwan chapter.
- Author of Reflow Soldering: Processing and Troubleshooting SMT, BGA, CSP and Flip-Chip Technologies, 5-star rated on Amazon.com.
- Co-author of Electronics Manufacturing with Lead-Free, Halogen-Free, & Conductive-Adhesive Materials, 5-star rated on Amazon.com.
- Numerous “Best of Conference” papers, worldwide.
- Chairman of several technical sessions, worldwide.
- Extensive success in the development of high-temperature polymers.
- Developed revolutionary solder paste and flux formulations.
- Created and introduced the “Lee” SMT reflow profile.
- Explored and developed the complex mechanisms of soldering wetting, void formation, tombstoning, solder-balling, and solder-beading.
Dr. Lee has more than three decades of experience in the development of fluxes and solder pastes for SMT industries. Dr. Lee has more than 30 years of experience in the development of fluxes and solder pastes for SMT applications. In addition, he also has very extensive experience in the development of high-temperature polymers, encapsulants for microelectronics, underfills, and adhesives. His current research interests cover advanced materials for interconnects and packaging for electronics and optoelectronics applications, with emphasis on both high performance and low cost of ownership.
Dr. Lee received his Ph.D. in polymer science on structure-property relationships from the University of Akron in 1981, and a BS in chemistry from the National Taiwan University in 1973. He also studied Organic Chemistry at Rutgers University. He has served on the advisory boards of Soldering and Surface Mount Technology and Global SMT and Packaging magazines.
Dr. Ning-Cheng Lee's Technical Documents
From One Engineer to Another®
All of Indium Corporation’s products and solutions are designed to be commercially available
unless specifically stated otherwise.