Solder Tubes – Precise Solder for Electrical Connection in Heat Shrink Solder Sleeves
Indium Corporation’s Solder Tubes provide a precise, controlled amount of solder for heat shrink electrical joint termination within solder sleeves.
While Solder Tubes are similar in shape to standard washers, the tight wall-to-height/thickness ratios of 3 or more is a key distinguishing feature. Solder Tubes can be customized to meet your heat shrink solder sleeve requirements and are ideal for a number of applications including:
- Radio systems
- Wire harness
- EMI shield to ground termination
- Wire to wire splicing, and more
Flux coating is available to facilitate the soldering process. Typically, flux coatings can be applied in the range of 0.5%–2% by weight and are available in no-clean, RMA and RA
Visual Reflow Indicators
There are two options available for visual verification that the reflow temperature for the solder has been reached:
- Thermochromic indicator dye which disappears when the proper temperature has been reached. This dye is added to the flux coating and does not interfere with reflow.
- External indicator ring which is made of an alloy that melts at a higher temperature than the base tube. Once the outer ring is reflowed, it is an indication that the base tube has also reflowed.
- Wall-to-height/thickness ratios of 3 or more
- Visual reflow verification
- Flux coatings can be applied in the range of 0.5%-2% by weight
- Available in the most frequently used solder alloys, including:
- SAC alloys
- Non-standard alloys are also available, depending on the alloy.
For more information, contact Robert McKerrow at email@example.com or +1 315 853 4900.
Solder Tubes Technical Documents
No whitepapers to display
No presentations to display
No application notes to display
Product Data Sheets
No product data sheets to display
Safety Data Sheets
No safety data sheets to display
Solder Tubes Blog Posts
Find out why they are the best braze choice for your hermetic sealing application.
Solder Tubes are used for electrical joint terminations within wire harness applications.
Specifying solder preform requirements is a critical part of any electronics assembly design process.
From One Engineer to Another®
All of Indium Corporation’s products and solutions are designed to be commercially available
unless specifically stated otherwise.