Indium8.9HFA Solder Paste
8.9HFA Solder Paste Delivers Superior Printing for Miniaturization
- Best-in-class high speed printing
- Optimal print performance for the smallest components and apertures
- Halogen-free and Pb-free
"Indium8.9HFA represents the culmination of years of research into optimizing rheological properties to obtain the industry's best printing solder paste."
Dr. Ning-Cheng Lee
Vice President of Technology for Indium Corporation's Research and Development
"The fast ramp of Indium8.9HFA with personal electronics manufacturers is driven by the product's ability to enable high print yields. Customers really value its high throughput performance. We have not seen adoption rates this fast since the introduction of NC-SMQ92J in 1999."
Senior Product Manager, Engineered Solders
Leading Print Performance on Miniaturized Components
Indium8.9HFA is a versatile, halogen-free, Pb-free solder paste with leading print performance on miniaturized components.
Print performance is especially critical for manufacturers of mobile phones and other personal electronics devices, especially as they struggle with <8mil challenges associated with continuing miniaturization in the electronics assembly industry.
Indium8.9HFA Solder Paste provides:
- Low Cost of Ownership & High Print Yields
- Unsurpassed transfer efficiency for consistent, full volume print deposits (8 mil), results in reduced frequency of insufficients and high first-pass print yields
- Low print pressure and excellent response-to-pause saves time and money on stencils and line changes
- Solvent-free dry-wiping reduces costs
- Increased throughput
- Higher print speed and reduced wipe frequency enables short cycle time, high up-time, and high throughput printing
Indium8.9HFA Solder Paste is part of Indium Corporation's Indium8.9 series of solder pastes. The series was designed to provide multi-faceted performance characteristics, bringing the right balance of solder paste attributes tailored specifically to your manufacturing process. Each paste in the series was developed to optimize print performance and mitigate common defects faced by manufacturers of personal electronics, such as QFN voiding, head-in-pillow, and graping.
Indium8.9HFA works best in applications that require:
- Fine feature printing that present challenges for yields (area ratios <0.66); this includes most personal electronics applications
- High speed printing applications (>100mm/second or >4 inches/second)
Related Markets and Applications
Top Indium8.9HFA Technical Documents
Indium8.9HFA Technical Documents
No presentations to display
Product Data Sheets
Safety Data Sheets
Solder Paste Blog Posts
What is the ideal time-above liquidus during solder reflow? Too long or too short can cause dewetting and charring, or not allow the intermetallic formation to wet.
The second stage of a reflow profile activates the flux in the solder paste and prepares the solder for reflow. This can be a critical stage to avoid defects such as tombstoning, voiding, graping, and non-wetting.
It is important to understand the different stages of a reflow profile and how they can affect the end solder joint.
From One Engineer to Another®
All of Indium Corporation’s products and solutions are designed to be commercially available
unless specifically stated otherwise.