As B2B Marketing Communications practitioners, we've all read the articles and books, viewed the webcasts, and attended the seminars and conferences. We've heard the amazing leading-edge tales of awesomeness. But, where do they leave us real-world technicians? We can't implement all the advice and recommendations. We don't have the resources, the staff, the money, the knowledge, or the time.
(Image: before you take advice from a talking head, be sure you have the resources to properly implement it.)
People like us need to make a realistic assessment of our resources and assets, and act accordingly. To do so, start making lists of your:
- corporate style
- individual (content generator) styles - your DNA
- your content generators' goals
- your content: existing and accessible
- your network of friends, advisors, consultants, contractors, etc.
- online platforms that make sense to your target audience
- your team's media savvy
We can only be as good as our tools. And we've got to make a realistic assessment of our tools as an early step (after writing down our goal).
Let me know how this works for you.