Related Metals Recycling Blog Articles
Some thoughts on how a solder supplier can help make the next step of the manufacturing process a little bit greener.Read More
As much as we enjoy solving the material challenges of the world with indium and indium alloys, we also look for opportunities where we can “refresh” indium-based scrap and turn it into new products.Read More
One of the great parts of working with indium is that there are always new areas of technology to explore.Read More
When you are doing your year-end clean-up, check to see if you have any indium seals or scrap pieces of indium laying around. Send us your scrap indium and we'll pay you for it or you can use it as a credit on your next purchase of indium wire or preforms.Read More
Not sure what to do with your solder dross or contaminated solder? Let Indium Corporation make it easy for you with our Assured Recycling Program.Read More
Features & Benefits
Indium Corporation offers metal reclaim services for indium and gallium containing materials, such as:
- ITO, IZO, IGZO (GIZO), IWO
- Ga2O3 and GaN crystals/wafers from bulk or epitaxial growth
- Scrap/end pieces/wafers from InP crystal growth
- Spent targets
- Used bonding materials
- Other unneeded or excess materials
- Worn out/replaced cryogenic seals
- Indium and gallium containing alloys
Indium Corporation provides indium and gallium recycling and reclaim services. Our comprehensive reclaim and recycle program is tailored specifically for the electronics, semiconductor, display, battery, and other specialty material industries.
Doing Our Part to Recycle and Reclaim Metals
At Indium Corporation, respecting the environment is one of our core values. We pride ourselves on promoting sustainability and the responsible use of resources. Both indium and gallium are on critical materials lists in many countries. The global supply of indium and gallium depends not only on consistent production of these byproduct metals, but also on the increased use of recycling and reclaim efforts. Our reclaim and recycling program is a necessity rather than a choice.
What Materials Can This Program Reclaim?
Our reclaim services are available for most materials containing indium or gallium such as:
- ITO, IZO, IGZO, IWO sputtering targets
- InP crystals and wafers
- Ga2O3 and GaN crystals and wafers from bulk or epitaxial growth
- Spent targets
- Worn out/replaced cryogenic indium seals
- Indium-containing solder preforms and solder dross
- Indium-containing wire, bar, foil, ribbon, and powder
- Indium-containing alloys
- Indium/indium-tin material left-over from target bonding
- Gallium alloys and gallium chlorides
We provide some reclaim services for additional materials, such as tin, germanium, and other alloys/compounds – please contact us for the availability and pricing of these services.
How Our Reclaim and Recycle Program Works
Our Reclaim and Recycle program is simple and easy to work with. Here are the primary steps:
- Assaying: Customers send a scrap metal sample that contains indium or gallium to us for an internal test that assesses the metal content and the complexity of reclaiming the base metal.
- Quotation: We provide customers with a quote of the value of the material or offer a credit towards the purchase of new material (e.g., the recovered metal in ingot form or as an alloy).
- Shipment: Customers contact our team to arrange a pickup or shipment of their Reclaim/Recycle-approved material to our metals recycling facility.
- Processing: The materials undergo processing in our state-of-the-art recycling facility, ensuring safe and responsible handling.
- Settlement: The reclaimed metal is sent back to the customer or purchased by Indium Corporation as agreed during quotation.
The Benefits of Our Reclaim and Recycle Program
- Reduction of waste sent to landfills
- Enhancement of sustainability efforts
- Recovery of valuable metals and reduction of mining needs
- Receipt of a credit for recycled materials
- Demonstration of commitment to sustainability to customers and stakeholders
Contact us today for more information about our Reclaim and Recycle program. Find out if your materials qualify for our reclaim program. Discover the steps involved in the reclaim process. Learn how we can assist as you navigate our program.