Today I was asked,
"Why Is Blogging Important?"
- Time is important (time kills deals – people need to move fast)
- Competitiveness is important (customers must know more and move quicker than their competition)
- The Internet is important
- Search is important
- Google is important
- Baidu is important
- 3rd-party endorsements are important (when I am forwarded, I win)
- Mobile is important (increasingly, people have no desks, they work on the fly, 24/7)
- Authenticity is important (no Madison Avenue spin-meisters, no stock photography, no spokesmodels)
- Brand & image are important (it’s not who you know, it’s who knows you!)
- Long-tail is important (people need highly-specialized wisdom on extremely specific topics)
PS Follow-up: Here is where my comments (expanded) were published (today). Enjoy!