Andy C. Mackie, PhD, MScSenior Product Manager,
Semiconductor and Advanced Assembly Materials
Phone: +1 (315) 853-4900 x7549
Address: 34 Robinson Rd., Clinton, NY USA 13323
Andy is an electronics industry expert in physical chemistry, surface chemistry, rheology and semiconductor and semiconductor assembly materials and processes. He has more than 25 years of experience in new product and process development and materials marketing in aspects of electronics manufacturing from wafer fabrication to semiconductor packaging and electronics assembly.
- IMAPS Fellow and Life Member
- President of the IMAPS Empire Chapter (2014 – Present)
- Chair of the Editorial Advisory Board for Chip Scale Review magazine (2012 – Present)
- Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA) member and frequently invited speaker (1998 – Present)
- IMAPS William D. Ashman Achievement Award (2015) for leadership and technical contributions to the semiconductor packaging industry from IMAPS
- IPC President’s Award (2001) for leadership in both the Solder Paste Task Group and the Assembly and Joining Materials sub-committee
- Past member of the Technical Advisory Committee for the annual International Wafer Level Packaging Conference (IWLPC) run by the SMTA (2008 - 2015)
- Past chair of the iNEMI/DOE SSL/LED roadmap task group (Level 1 assembly) (2010)
- Past vice president of technical programs for Empire (NY) State Chapter of SMTA (2010)
- Past chair of IPC solder paste task group (responsibly for J-STD-005) (1996 - 2001)
- Past vice-chair of IPC Assembly and Joining Materials Subcommittee (1998 - 2002)
Andy has written papers and lectured internationally on subjects ranging from sub-ppb metals analysis in supercritical carbon dioxide to solder paste rheology. Additionally, he holds patents in novel polymers, gas analysis, and solder paste formulation.
Andy holds a PhD in Physical Chemistry from the University of Nottingham, UK, and a Master’s of Science (MSc) in Colloid and Interface Science from the University of Bristol, UK. He is an alumnus of the UC Berkeley Product Management program.