This is Part 1 in my series on pure indium solder preforms. Later this year we'll also be talking about making pure indium preforms, and applying pure indium preforms.
At first, the thought of buying pure indium preforms may sound pretty easy (and when you contact us, we do make it easy), but there are still a number of options that you need to consider to get the product that best fits your application. Here is a list of questions you need to consider. I will be discussing each of these in more detail in the coming weeks.
- How pure does the indium need to be for my application?
- What are the dimensions of the preforms?
- How many preforms do I need?
- Do I need a flux? If so, which one works best?
- What type of packaging will best fit my needs?
- Will I need an engineering drawing or specification?
- Who can help me with all these decisions?
My next few blog posts will answer many of these questions for you. In the meantime, send us your questions and we can get you on the right track!
This post is part of the “Complete Intro to Pure Indium Preforms” series