Tim Jensen is the Senior Product Manager for Indium Corporation’s engineered solder materials, the company’s most diverse product group. His product group encompasses solder preforms, wire, ribbon, and thermal interface materials. He is responsible for ensuring the product line is poised for long-term success by developing technologies that best meet the current and future needs of customers.
Tim joined Indium Corporation in 1997 and has held a number of positions, including Senior Technical Support Engineer, Pb-Free Programs Manager, and Global Product Manager for PCB Assembly Materials.
Tim has spent years working directly with customers to develop processes and implement new product technologies. Using that direct knowledge and expertise, he worked closely with Indium Corporation’s technical service, sales, and research and development teams to develop cutting-edge products that address the unique challenges faced by the electronics assembly industry. Tim has authored numerous technical papers on soldering and thermal technology, including:
- The Graping Phenomenon: Improving Pb-free Coalescence through Process and Material Optimization
- Metallic Thermal Interface Material Testing & Selection for IC, Power, and RF Semiconductors
- Advances in Solder Preform Technology to Reduce QFN Voiding
- Challenges of Implementing a Halogen-free PCB Assembly Process
- Reinforced Solder Technology for Increased Reliability
- Liquid Metal Innovations for High Performance TIMs
He also authors a blog, which can be found at http://blogs.indium.com/blog/tim-jensen.
In addition to his responsibilities at Indium Corporation, Tim also serves on the SMTA’s Board of Directors. In this role, he is part of the Strategic Development Committee where he leads the effort on international expansion.
Tim has a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from Clarkson University and an MBA from Syracuse University. He lives in Utica, N.Y. with his wife, Kelly, and three children, Alex, Reid, and Emmie.