Indium Corporation Introduces New Adhesive Solution
July 22, 2021
Indium Corporation has released NC-702, a no-clean, near-zero residue, halogen-free adhesive solution designed for holding parts in place during placement and reflow processes.
Designed for use in a formic acid reflow environment, NC-702 is specially formulated with high tack to hold a die, chip, or solder preform in place without movement, creating a low-cost tooling-free solution over pick and place investments. While NC-702 has the tack strength to hold materials in place, the material is completely evaporated out during reflow, eliminating the time-consuming post-reflow residue cleaning steps. Benefits include:
- No evidence of contamination during reflow, enabling use in formic acid reflow environments without risk of damaging equipment
- Flexible application method via dipping, dispensing, or jetting, potentially reducing process costs
- Minimal voiding present and good soldering performance; although classified as an adhesive solution, NC-702 does not negatively affect soldering performance
- Compatible with molding and underfill material
- Compatible with most common SAC alloys
For more information about NC-702, contact Indium Corporation Product Specialist Evan Griffith
About Indium Corporation
Indium Corporation is a premier materials refiner, smelter, manufacturer, and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, and thermal management markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil®. Founded in 1934, the company has global technical support and factories located in China, Germany, India, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the U.S.
For more information about Indium Corporation, visit www.indium.com or email Jingya Huang. You can also follow our experts, From One Engineer To Another® (#FOETA), at www.linkedin.com/company/indium-corporation/ or @IndiumCorp.