Indium Corporation to Feature Innovative Products for Automotive and Power Electronics Applications at NEPCON Japan
January 17, 2023
Indium Corporation® will feature selections from its portfolio of proven products for automotive and power electronics applications, including electric vehicles, at NEPCON Japan, January 25‒27 in Tokyo, Japan.
With its significant automotive industry expertise and an award-winning portfolio of proven products, Indium Corporation will feature:
- InFORMS® are reinforced solder alloy fabrications that improve mechanical and thermal reliability and are specifically designed to produce consistent bondline thickness for power module applications. They also address specific challenges for the power electronics industry by providing an enhanced material for the development of more reliable and higher performance modules.
- Heat-Spring® is a soft metal alloy (SMA) thermal interface material (TIM) that reduces thermal resistance and enhances cooling by utilizing two key properties of indium metal—superior thermal conductivity and malleability. As added benefits, indium metal will not dissolve in immersion fluids and is considered an environmentally friendly TIM because it can be re-used, reclaimed, and re-formed.
- Indium Corporation's new GalliTHERM™ family of liquid metal pastes (LMPs) is a true liquid metal-based TIM solution, based on proprietary technologies, that can handle challenging heat dissipation issues and maintain long-term reliability. Unlike traditional gallium-based liquid metals which are prone to pump-out and typically require specialized spreading processes, LMPs offer higher viscosity and predictable spreading characteristics for scalable high-volume applications, with a reduced risk of pump-out, at a lower total cost. LMPs are fully automation-ready in jetting, dispensing, and printing applications. They require no backside metallization and exhibit superior surface wettability resulting in extremely low contact resistance and offer stable thermal impedance through accelerated aging tests.
- QuickSinter® is a high metal content paste, redefining sinter technology for power electronics. Available in pressureless and pressure formulations, this portfolio of sintering solutions delivers products engineered for customers' specific application needs.
- Durafuse™ LT is an award-winning low-temperature alloy system designed to provide high-reliability in low-temperature applications that require a reflow temperature below 210°C. It delivers improved drop shock performance more than two orders of magnitude better than Bi-containing low-temperature materials and helps reduce energy consumption by 15%, depending on process.
- Durafuse™ HT features a novel design based on a novel alloy technology, designed to deliver a tin-rich, high-temperature lead-free (HTLF) paste, presenting the merits of both constituent alloys. Durafuse™ HT delivers simplified processing, with no special equipment needed, and enhanced thermal cycling reliability equal to or higher than a high-Pb solder.
- Indium Corporation's Au-based precision die-attach (PDA) preforms—also available in off-eutectic formulations—offer the highest level of quality available to deliver the best performance possible in critical, high-reliability die-attach applications. A leading gold solder innovator, Indium Corporation's gold-based portfolio includes wire, paste, preforms, spheres, shot, and ribbon manufactured with cutting-edge technology to ensure supreme quality and the utmost precision.
About Indium Corporation
Indium Corporation® is a premier materials refiner, smelter, manufacturer, and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, and thermal management markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil®. Founded in 1934, the company has global technical support and factories located in China, Germany, India, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the U.S.
For more information about Indium Corporation, visit www.indium.com or email Jingya Huang. You can also follow our experts, From One Engineer To Another® (#FOETA), at www.linkedin.com/company/indium-corporation/ or @IndiumCorp.
About NEPCON Japan
Launched more than 30 years ago, NEPCON Japan has grown together with the Japanese and Asian electronics industry. Consisting of six shows specialized in essential areas for electronics manufacturing and R&D, the show has increased its value as an exhibition representing Asia's leading one-stop venue for all those involved in electronics industry.