Related Die-Attach Blog Articles
Indium Corporation has developed a thinner gold preform for high-output lasers, therefore improving the thermal transfer and operational efficiency of high-output lasers by reducing voiding, solder volume, and wicking up the die.Read More
Dr. McDonough discusses some of the benefits of QuickSinter® including its ability to handle high-temperature operating life without breaking down and its ability to maintain a uniform bondline. Read this post to learn more.Read More
Come see Indium Corporation's new AuLTRA™ ThInFORMS™ at SPIE West in San Francisco, CA Feb. 4-6, 2020. AuLTRA™ ThInFORMS™ improve thermal transfer and the overall operational efficiency of die-attach applications.Read More
Features & Benefits
The joint may be of polymer (adhesive), metal-filled polymer, or in the form of solder derived from a preform, solder paste, or solder wire.
Indium Corporation's Die-Attach Wire (or SSDA [soft solder die-attach] wire) is a fluxless solder wire used to effect die-attach. SSDA grade wire will result in higher yields of an improved quality product with fewer interruptions in production.
Key Performance Needs
- Ultralow oxide (wire surface and in wire)
- High alloy purity
- Precise and consistent wire diameter
- Tight alloy chemistry control
Although there are four major processes for die-attach, solder-based processes are still the most popular, as they provide high reliability with ease of processing. Indium Corporation’s die-attach solder paste is typically a dispensable, high melting-point solder paste, which is reflowed in forming gas (H2N2 mix).
Key Performance Needs
- Low voiding in reflow
- Long dispense life
- No tailing
- No separation
- Bubble-free packaging
- Residue-free cleaning or residue compatible with overmolding process
“Power-Safe” NC-SMQ®75 Die-Attach Solder Paste
NC-SMQ®75 is the only solder paste suitable for use in non-cleaned clip-bonded applications in power semiconductor die-attach assemblies. It has:
- Superior wetting capabilities compared to most low residue formulations
- Trouble-free probe testing
- No-residue appearance
BiAgX®75 Solder Paste
BiAgX®75 is a high-melting, lead-free solder paste technology that serves as a drop-in replacement for the high-Pb solder pastes used in many high-reliability, die-attach, and electronics assembly applications.
“Power-Safe” NC-SMQ75 Die-Attach Solder Paste
Indium Corporation’s “Power-Safe” NC-SMQ75 is an ultra-low residue, halogen-free, die-attach solder paste that leaves a completely benign, almost undetectable residue of approximately 0.4 weight percent of paste.
NC-SMQ75 is the only solder paste suitable for use in non-cleaned clip bonded applications in power semiconductor die-attach assemblies.
It is designed for reflow in a nitrogen or forming gas atmosphere of 100 ppm oxygen or less and can survive the high temperatures associated with both high-lead (Pb) and gold-tin alloy reflow.
- Ultra-low post-reflow residue <0.5%w/w of solder paste
- “Power-Safe” residue compatible with overmolding compounds without delamination
- Consistent dispensing deposit size without clogging (Powder types 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Airlessly syringe-packed (bubble-free)
- Wide range of alloy compatibility
- Reflow up to 400°C
- Low oxygen or forming gas needed (<100ppmO2)
- Low-voiding for smaller die (< 6mm x 6mm)
- Meets <5% single, <10% total industry voiding standard
- Good wetting with common metal finishes