Indium Corporation to Feature High-Reliability Materials for Power Electronics at NEPCON Japan
January 16, 2024
Indium Corporation® is proud to showcase its proven advanced assembly materials for power electronics, including the rapidly evolving electric vehicle (EV) manufacturing and e-Mobility market, at NEPCON Japan, January 24-26, in Tokyo, Japan. Indium Corporation's products for power electronics have been demonstrated to reduce energy consumption and solve warpage issues for its customers while ensuring high reliability and improving overall efficiency.
Featured products include:
- InFORMS® – reinforced solder alloy fabrications that improve mechanical and thermal reliability and are specifically designed to produce consistent bondline thickness for power module applications. They also address specific challenges for the power electronics industry by providing an enhanced material for the development of more reliable and higher performance modules.
- Indalloy®301 LT Alloy for Preforms/InFORMS® – a novel Pb-free alloy that enables lower processing temperatures in preform soldering compared to SAC alloys. Specifically designed for power module applications, this alloy prevents warpage in package-cooler attach scenarios without sacrificing reliability like traditional bismuth-containing low-temperature alloys. It is available in preforms, ribbon, or InFORMS®.
- Durafuse® HT – based on a novel alloy technology, designed to deliver a tin-rich, high-temperature lead-free (HTLF) paste, presenting the merits of both constituent alloys. Durafuse® HT delivers simplified processing, with no special equipment needed, and enhanced thermal cycling reliability equal to or higher than a high-Pb solder.
- Durafuse® HR – based on a novel alloy technology, delivers enhanced thermal cycling performance (-40/125°C and -40/150°C) and superior voiding performance for high-reliability automotive applications.
- Heat-Spring® – a compressible, non-reflow metal TIM ideal for TIM2 applications. These indium-containing TIMs offer superior thermal conductivity over non-metals—with pure indium metal delivering 86W/mK in all planes. Because of its sold metal state, Heat-Spring avoids pump-out and bake-out problems. It also offers a sustainable solution due to our indium reclaim and recycle program.
Many of these innovative products are counted within the company's Rel-ion™ suite of electrical, mechanical, and thermal solutions to reduce EV manufacturers' time to market. More than five million EVs are on the road with Indium Corporation's reliable, scalable, and proven Rel-ion products. Rel-ion materials solutions deliver reliability by:
- Eliminating non-wet opens and head-in-pillow defects
- Preventing dendritic growth by meeting stricter surface insulation resistance requirements
- Preventing solder delamination with precise bondline control and increased creep and fatigue resistance
- Reducing hot spots-induced voiding through improved thermal efficiency
To learn more about Indium Corporation's solutions for power electronics, be sure to visit with our experts at NEPCON Japan.
About Indium Corporation
Indium Corporation® is a premier materials refiner, smelter, manufacturer, and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, and thermal management markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil®. Founded in 1934, the company has global technical support and factories located in China, Germany, India, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the U.S.
For more information about Indium Corporation, visit www.indium.com or email Jingya Huang. You can also follow our experts, From One Engineer To Another® (#FOETA), at www.linkedin.com/company/indium-corporation/.